Saturday, September 21, 2019

Going costume shopping

It’s that time of year where the kids are excited with all the Halloween decor in the stores.  Everyday I get asked, “Can we buy our costumes today?”  I don’t like to get them, with their knowledge anyway, too early because they will want to wear them and possibly ruin them before it’s time to scare the neighborhood kids.

Today we ventured out to get some supplies to personalize my little ones journal.  The teachers instructions were a photo some stickers and a piece of ribbon to act as as a book mark.  My mom came along to help me with the boys. So off we go and end up in the Halloween aisle forever lol.  I love it so no biggie.  The boys found lots of cute things and we got 2 Halloween day costumes.  They were so excited and so was I, both costumes cost the same price as just 1 at the store for Halloween!

We proceed to get what we actually came for when I end up in Christmas town.   For a moment I thought I was in The Nightmare Before Christmas lol.  I was literally just in the Halloween section.  We looked around a bit since it took me by surprise.   Then we ended up where the bicycles where.  As I’m explaining to my 2 sons why they can’t ride the bikes, my mother circles around me in a 3 wheeled Schwinn 😂.  I’ll come to help you she said,  why do I always fall for it?

Does anyone even remember why I was at the store to begin with?  😂.  Anyway we had a great outing and made it back home to make homemade burgers on Texas toast.  Today was a very good day.

Dress buying Tip:

I have boys so their dress up is combat and scary things.  So what I do is let them pick out 2 costumes one for now and one for Halloween.  I know it sounds expensive but it’s really not.  You can find pretty affordable costumes at places like Walmart (no affiliation) and if your really ahead of the game you shop after Halloween sales the year before lol.  By that time what they like may not be there but you have dress up attire for the year!

‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭3:5‬  “We pray that the Lord will cause you to feel God’s love and remember Christ’s patient endurance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment