Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The flying biscuit

Today was much like the others with morning shenanigans of teasing and sleepy heads being grumpy.    So I decided to let them “figure it out”while I got breakfast ready and clothes for my kindergartener that refused to get ready.  My daughter of course helped get lunches and drinks packed and we both headed to the car to pack it up for departure.

Wailing begins as they believe we are leaving them, I haven’t said one word this entire morning mind you.  My 2nd grader says he brushed his teeth and I can see he is dressed, 2 done one stinky mouthed, pajama wearing no sock kindergartener to go.   We start heading for the door he screams we keep walking he follows.  I lock the door put them in the car he’s upset because he isn’t ready, then he sees I have put his stuff in the car & all is forgiven.  Yes I didn’t win the battle of the tooth brushing but hey we were all out of the house semi on time.

They are handed their breakfast biscuits and begin eating.  Then fighting and I tell them they need to put their differences aside and and we begin praying.  After our prayer the heckling begins and “Mom” and I say “Be nice to each other”.  When all of a sudden a biscuit comes flying to the front seat crumbs everywhere, not to mention the scrambled egg 🥚.  It’s in crevices, on me,  all over the middle glove box and the floor mats. I said “Not Today Devil!”  The boys got quiet.   I continued “You will not win and you can not have my family!  Be gone you are not welcome here!”  

😯 This was the look on my children’s face.  Silence no more bickering.  Then we arrive at school on time praise the Lord and my sons say “See you later mom love you!”  Just like that it was over.  I got home and vacuumed up the mess wiped down the fingerprints and washed out cup holders and mats.  I felt empowered by God.  The battle was being won by the evil one but when the war broke out God took over and now I cleaned this vehicle in the name of Jesus Christ.

No matter what the circumstances we can claim the day for God.  I could have lost my cool and fallen into the dark side but I am a work in progress and so far we are doing good.  Evil you are not in charge,  this Momma In Charge is powered by God Almighty and you will never win over.  Have a blessed evening everyone!


Proverbs‬ ‭11:20‬ “The Lord hates those who love to do evil, but he is pleased with those who try to do right.”
‭‭

No comments:

Post a Comment